On 11/15/09, Zarel <zarex...@xxxxx.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 12:10 PM, bugs buggy <buginxx...@xxxxx.com> wrote:
>  > About 1 hour left before I need to tag and build everything.  This
>  > really is your last chance to get anything you wanted in 2.3B1.
>
> On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 2:53 PM, bugs buggy <buginx...@xxxxx.com> wrote:
>  > Warzone 2100 2.3 Beta 1 has now been released!

>  But this isn't nearly as frustrating to me as the way you do it. Not
>  nearly so bad this time, since the old version is still on the
>  Download page since this is a beta. But usually, you just remove all
>  other downloads from the download page, so for a short period of time,
>  no one other than Windows users (and people who compile from source)
>  can download Warzone. And for some reason, you see nothing wrong with
>  this.

Because there is nothing wrong with it?
Seriously, when we do a new release, whatever the release is, then we
want people to get the new release.  The old versions go in the
unsupported bin as far as I am concerned.

We don't have the manpower to handle everything...

>  Not even because I'm delaying the release, either. I usually get Mac
>  builds up within 24 hours. It's been around 15 since tagging as of
>  right now, and I have Mac builds up. That's shorter than the "few
>  days" we're supposed to wait between tagging and announcing to release
>  publicly.
>
>  I've given up trying to convince you to leave old versions on the
>  download page while the new versions haven't been built yet. But could
>  you at least wait 24 hours for me? That's all I ask.

I don't understand what the issue is.... time is short.
I do as much as I can in the little amount of free time I have.
I have no idea when or even if any other builds except the ones I make
will (ever) be released.
I have no clue if any of the other devs can or will do anything from
the period I am off, to the period I get back.  I don't know my
schedule in advance, so that could be a few days or weeks or more.

That is why, as soon as I finish the uploads, I throw them up, and
have the "Coming soon!" tag for the missing versions.
If I could make all builds I would, but unless Jobs sends me a mac,
that isn't going to happen.

When another dev can make the build they just edit the page... that
isn't asking too much, and I am sure users understand that "Coming
soon!" means just that... whenever someone has time to make it, they
will.

Time is the enemy here.