On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Per Inge Mathisen
<per.mathi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 9:32 PM,  <c...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> Only let host set player position/colour
>
> While I see the technical issue behind this, the solution is not
> really satisfactory. Players cannot ask the host to set their colour.
> (Unsure about position. Might be ok that host does this.) So perhaps
> the colour request should be based on player name, which only owner
> can change, and remove the host's ability to change the player colour
> - to avoid that race condition.

I don't see why this should be done at all (especially with no
discussion beforehand).

The race condition of a player and a host setting a color at the same
time isn't really a big deal - perhaps one of the choices will be
overwritten by the other, but it's really not something worth worrying
about.

-Zarel