buginator wrote:

> Using msysgit and or TortoiseGit (which needs msysgit installed), the
> results are somewhat better, you can push, but, I ran into a fatal
> issue, that I couldn't resolve.  It still is unstable, unless all you
> do is basic commands, like pull, commit, and push.  Once you start
> doing branches, tags, merges, then all bets are off.

If the state of git on windows is as abysmal as you claim it is,
please report (in detail!) your problems with msysgit to their list or
to the git list, and the problems with tortoisegit to the respective
folks.  Otherwise we have no hopes of ever resolving this.

(If you need some help in diagnosing your exact issues, feel free to
ask.)

--
Thomas Rast
tr...@{inf,student}.ethz.ch