On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 1:22 AM, buginator <buginato...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/17/10, Per Inge Mathisen  wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 6:19 AM,   wrote:
>>> Add a banned IP list to the game.  All people that are kicked will be
>>> entered into the file.
>>>
>>> People using the same IP can *never* enter the game again.  All attempts
>>> are logged.
>> Isn't this overkill? Someone kicks someone else for fun, or by
>> accident, and does not understand that kicks are forever, will be
>> seriously lost.
> I would prefer that we have kick / ban buttons, but we have no room
> for that in the lobby screen, and for the in-game 'scoreboard' screen,
> Zarel mentioned that we could shrink down the other fields that we use
> to make some room.

I still think this will make for some very unhappy players as they
realize that their joke-kick turns out into a
I-can-never-play-with-that-player-again action, which they may be
unable to undo without pestering us for detailed instructions.

Could you please explain what motivated this overzealous change?

BTW, the lobby screen can be expanded. Nobody uses 640x480 anymore.

  - Per