Hello,

Qt branch still appears to have some issues that need to be looked at,
but also is collecting work that makes it diverge rapidly from master.
I am in particular thinking about my own recent work on savegames
(using QSettings) and javascript (using QtScript). These do not depend
on the Qt mainloop, and could be merged into master without dropping
SDL/quesoglc for drawing. It also includes the use of QString.

It would mean dependency bloat, but it is not meant to be a permanent
solution. I think if we do this, we can aim for a 3.0 release based on
SDL/QuesoGlc and bits and pieces of Qt, with a new savegame format and
the beginnings of a new scripting system at the end of summer
holidays.

This would give us some more time to polish the Qt branch and for Qt
4.8 to get out the door and into distributions. I think the improved
OpenGL support in Qt 4.8 might help us quite a bit, and we might also
look into using Qt Quick for GUI widgets.

Opinions?

  - Per