On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Christian Ohm <chr....@gmx.net> wrote:
> It looks to me that change adds a warning if we call any undefined
> function. I noticed this behaviour already when I used a wrong function
> name, and it took a bit to find the problem, since the game just
> silently ignored that line. If the script calls a function that doesn't
> exist, why would we ever not want to know about that?

Because we have lots of events being called (and more being added all
the time) that not every script should be forced to implement just to
make the warnings disappear.

> So far, the
> debuggability of javascript seems not much better than that of wzscript,
> maybe integrating a QScriptEngineDebugger would help there.

When wzscript triggered a crash or assertion, you would not know from
which line or even file the error came from. Now you get a nice
backtrace. That is the difference between being able to debug and not.

 -  Per