it's possible the regular expression isn't matching ..

The first thing I'd do to debug is remove the split  and just puts ksh
to see what you 'have' in the string before you try to split it.

eg  for debugging purposes try

if $ie.div(:text, /Balance:/).exists?
    ksh = $ie.d(:text, /Balance:/).txt
    puts ksh
end

You could even add an else to the if  that did something like 'puts
ksh div not found'

That should tell you if it's findinging the target div, and if it is,
what string is being extracted using that regular expression..

That should tell you if it's finding what you want, and able to
extract the right stuff into the string.  Then you can figure out how
to split the string.

-----
 If this advice is way below your level of scripting/programming
skill, then you need to be more specific when you say 'is not
working'  in terms of what is actually happening, and what you've
tried in terms of debugging.

 (consider how you would feel if someone came to you to try and
diagnose/fix/repro and issue and all you had to work with is "this is
not working")

--Chuck