I discovered that my problem was that I had a newline character at the end of
each array element.  Once I removed the character, it worked fine.  Thanks for
your help.

- Shelton> Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:02:11 -0600> From: b...@pettichord.com>
To: watir-general@googlegroups.com> Subject: [wtr-general] Re: Opening an Excel
file with a variable name> > > Actually this method won't work. The problem is
that File.join will join > the elements using a forward slash (/). The pathname
is being passed to > Excel, which truly requires that backslashes be used in
the filename. > I've argued that this is a bug in Ruby, but there it is.> >
Bret> > LFIdnl wrote:> > More useful> >> >
File.join($drive,env,"Test_Results","#{$file_name}_Results.xls" )> >> > On 17
дек, 00:20, "Darin Duphorn" <dduph...@redbrickhealth.com> wrote:> > > >> Try
\\> >>> >> $drive+"\\"+env+"\\Test_Results\\"+$file_name+"_Results.xls"> >>> >>
-----Original Message-----> >> From: watir-general@googlegroups.com> >>> >>
[mailto:watir-gene...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of> >>
jas.shel...@hotmail.com> >> Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:08 PM> >> To:
Watir General> >> Subject: [wtr-general] Opening an Excel file with a variable
name> >>> >> All,> >>> >> I am attempting to open an Excel file with Ruby, and
have run into a> >> problem. If I open the file with single quotes, like
inputFile => >> input.Workbooks.Open('C:\Folder\sheet.xls') everything works
fine. My> >> problem now is that the location of the .xls file has a variable
name,> >> like inputFile = input.Workbooks.Open("C:\#{var)\sheet.xls"). When I>
>> try this, I get an error saying that the file cannot be found. It> >> seems
that the 'open' method will only work with single quotes, but to> >> signify a
variable in a string in Ruby you have to use double quotes.> >> Has anyone
discovered a way around this? Thanks in advance for any> >> help.> >>> >> -
Shelton> >> > > >> > > > >