That's a great tip Alex, and yeah that will work for really simple
stuff that doesn't have any kind of session or user id..  However,
once you login a user and start playing with session id's, or any
ASP.NET stuff designed to prevent plaback spoofing (like viewstate)
you get hosed unless the thing you are using allows you to capture
stuff from responses, and insert it into specific places in the
requests.  You'll also need the ability to read from datafiles to
substitute things like userid and login, at the HTTP level.
Otherwise you're going to have to use multiple threads and multiple
browser instances and run the stuff in watir directly where the
browser takes care of the ASP, cookies, and other session stuff, and
watir can deal with parameters for things like userid's and passwords.

The thing is, anything not dealing with sessions and transactions
(e.g. hitting db and/or middle tier) really doesn't tend to be that
'interesting' in terms of loadtests (since most of the data is static
and cached)  So in general (presuming you don't have issues with
something like oh your homepage when a new user hits it) most of the
things you could do via simple http capture and playback are not
normally the things that cause load issues..  so it's good for really
basic tests, but again not terribly useful for most serious
loadtests.