Al: Yeah, I was referencing that thread above. It pointed toward Visual
Studio, which I don't have. Charley theorized off list that one of the gems
on my system might have been compiled using Visual Studio.
Bret: Doh. Typo, but the first error ("msvcr80-ruby18.dll was not found") was
occuring when I did anything watir-related, including valid things like
running tests that used to work or doing

irb(main):002:0> Watir::IE::VERSION

That said, I just uninstalled and reinstalled ruby 1.8.5 > 1.8.6, and then
reinstalled watir...and all seems to be working for me now.

Thanks!
Jeff

--
Jeff Fry