On Apr 7, 3:13 am, catepillar <cmay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hahaha.  Will do.
>
> This is just a random question, but what would you do if there were no
> id tag.
>
> So the code looked something like:
>
> Now there is nothing to set them apart, but I would still need to set
> them to individual variables.

What Would I do?

The first thing I'd do is have a serious talk with my developers about
this concept called 'testability'    Then I'd ask to see their unit
tests for this stuff and try to figure out how they are not going to
break the first time the dev refactors the page.

because yes you can access these by index, but since the index could
easily change with the addition of just one more div above it on the
page, it creates a test that tends to be very fragile, high
maintainance, and prone to false alarms.   None of that is good...

having something simple like an ID or Title in the divs so that they
can be easily identified will make life easier for everyone.