I think you are calling the wrong method for what it looks like you
are trying to do.

.value  returns the current value in the text field..

to set the text field to a particular string you want .set

current_text = browser.text_field(:id, "info").value  #get the text
field contents
puts browser.text_field(:id, "info").value                #display the
current text field contents
browser.text_field(:id, "info").set = "test"              #set the
text field contents