1) have you worked through the watir tutorial?  that might be a good
place to start.

2) have you looked at the object in question with something like
firebug or IE developer toolbar to see if it's still part of a table,
and not changed to perhaps just be in a div or perhaps a frame
instead?  Maybe it's just a link now and much easier to get to?

3) what is the error you are getting?  that will tell you (and us) a
lot more about how it's failing.