FYI...Right now, I'm working on windows XP SP3 with Firefox 3.0.8 and
jssh 0.9 on a dell laptop. I also need to get this to work on Vista SP1
and Mac OS 10.5.

My thread got hijacked L Can we go back to the original problem? As of
right now, I cannot use firewatir at all because of this problem...

In firebug, I can do

var results = document.evaluate("//*[name()='vgtile' and
@label='Hulu']", document, null, XPathResult.ORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPE,
null);

if (results.snapshotLength >= 1)

{

    results.snapshotItem(0).oncommand();

    console.log("SUCCESS")

}

and it works every time. But in firewatir, if I do

xpath="//*[name()='vgtile' and @label='Hulu']"

query = "browser=window.getBrowser(); document.evaluate(\"#{xpath}\",
document, null, 7, null).snapshotLength;"

ff.js_eval(query)

I get zero every time. Any ideas?  I also tried opening a direct
connection to jssh using putty and sending

getWindows()[0].getBrowser().contentDocument.evaluate("//*[name()='vgtil
e' and @label='Hulu']", document, null, 7, null).snapshotLength;

and I get back 0 (zero). So this is looking more and more like a jssh
problem.  Is there a jssh forum?

JLM

PS. The 7 is the value of XPathResult.ORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPE since
XPathResult does not seem to be defined in jssh.