That's good to know.

Thanks,

Guys

________________________________

From: watir-general@googlegroups.com
[mailto:watir-gene...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Angrez Singh
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 1:31 AM
To: watir-general@googlegroups.com
Subject: [wtr-general] Re: firewatir and jssh

        The method Angrez refers to is in trunk, but has not yet been
released.
        I think we need to get a new release of Watir/FireWatir out.

oops ... yeah i remember getting code and then building the gem it still
shows 1.6.2 so I was writing all this stuff with confidence :). Thanks
Bret for figuring this out. I think we should release this as soon as
possible.

- Angrez

        Darin Duphorn wrote:

        > I tried both of the below, but I'm still getting the message
        > "undefined method 'attach' for FireWatir::Firefox:Class.
        >
        > I'm using Firewatir 1.6.2 on windows XP SP3

be

        > loaded (which is google.com <http://google.com>) so it is not
able to

        > find the window with that title.
        >
        > Workarounds:
        > 1. put sleep after system() so that your page gets loaded and
then try
        > the code
        >
        > require 'firewatir'
        >
        > system("d:\\installations\\Firefox\\firefox.exe -jssh")
        > sleep(5)
        > $ie = FireWatir::Firefox.attach(:title,"Google")

        > $ie.goto("google.com <http://google.com>")

        > puts $ie.title
        >

        > 2. set the default page to blank
        >
        > require 'firewatir'
        > system("d:\\installations\\Firefox\\firefox.exe -jssh")
        > $ie = FireWatir::Firefox.attach(:title,"")

        > $ie.goto("google.com <http://google.com>")

        > puts $ie.title
        >

        > Both the code worked for me with Firewatir 1.6.2 on windows XP
SP2

<dduph...@redbrickhealth.com

        > <mailto:dduph...@redbrickhealth.com>> wrote:
        >

        > #open first occurance of FF
        > $ie = Firefox.new :attach => true

        > #Navigate it to cnn.com <http://cnn.com>
        > $ie.goto "cnn.com <http://cnn.com>"

        > #This now works (Doesn't Hang)
        >
        > system("C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe -
        > jssh")
        >
        > #This still fails
        >
        > $ie = FireWatir::Firefox.attach(:title,"Google")
        >
        > puts $ie.title
        >
        > Any suggestions?
        >

        > On Apr 13, 3:21 pm, bwaybandit <lenridge...@gmail.com

        > <mailto:lenridge...@gmail.com>> wrote:
        > > also on XP/SP2
        > >
        > > On Apr 13, 3:55 pm, bwaybandit <lenridge...@gmail.com

        > <mailto:lenridge...@gmail.com>> wrote:
        > >

        > > > ff - 3.0.5
        > > > jssh - 0.9
        > >
        > > > On Apr 13, 3:31 pm, " Darin Duphorn "
<dduph...@redbrickhealth.com

        > <mailto:dduph...@redbrickhealth.com>>

document.evaluate("//*[name()='vgtile' and
XPathResult.ORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPE,
        > null);

        > XPathResult.ORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPE

        > different
        > have the
        > firewatir.

        > running a

        > (and capture

        > than

        > around
        > attributes

        > some

        Bret Pettichord
        CTO, WatirCraft LLC, www.watircraft.com
        Lead Developer, Watir, www.watir.com
        Blog, www.io.com/~wazmo/blog <http://www.io.com/%7Ewazmo/blog>
        Twitter, www.twitter.com/bpettichord

        Watir Training: Portland/Beaverton April 16-17
        www.watircraft.com/training