I started using a mac about 18 months ago and havent looked back. Ive been
using a modified version of firewatir ( a very old one ) and actually
prefered it to watir. Now I havent been doing any automation for about 6
months, so it may be different on the newer versions. I used text mate and
command line svn ( as do all the developers I work with)
I also have xp in a vm

Paul