Just an update -
I didn't end up working from home today, so didn't get a chance to
test those things out. However, I had to re-install / setup everything
on a different computer (again) at the new office and it's all working
perfectly!

Once I try out faejon's suggestions, if they don't work, I think I'll
setup my environment from scratch again and see if that fixes it!

thanks all :)