On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Swap <swapnal.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you please tell me how much time the learner will need to
> understand and learn Watir?

If you have any programming experience, I think you will be surprised by how
much you can do in just a day. I remember that I was able to install Watir
and make log in test for our web application in a few hours. At the time
Watir had a great tutorial that taught me all I needed to know in no time.

Now, the tutorial is even better. :)

My suggestions (with estimates):

- browse http://watir.com/ (15 minutes)
- read http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Quick+Start (60 minutes,
installation included)
- read http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Tutorial (a few hours)

After you are done, you will be able to do almost everything you need. If
you are stuck, ask here.

If you like to listen to people talk, you can grab a few episodes of Watir
Podcast (start with episode 1) where I talk with Watir users and developers
about Watir. You can listen to that on your computer by downloading mp3
files (web site even has flash player so you can listed directly from the
site), or you can listen to it on your iPod (the podcast is in iTunes) or
similar mp3 player.

The only problem could be if you have not programming and/or HTML knowledge,
because the tutorial assumes that you have. That could slow you down a lot.

Željko
--
http://watirpodcast.com/