         puts "#{counter}: #{line}"
         counter = counter + 1
     end
     file.close
 rescue => err
     puts "Exception: #{err}"
     err
 end

the  above script reads your readfile.txt line by line,
the string variable "line" can be inturn splitted using = sign as the separator
and then splitted string could be copied into a hashed array

by the Watir is just a browser driver (the best one :), inorder to do
all such things you need to know Ruby.

From

Karim Rayani
http://karimnumerouno.wordpress.com