Can you please try this below and let me know how i will proceed further
after that .

I need to click the cancel button or open button of that window.

def test_powerpointslide
        $ie = Watir::IE.new
        $ie.set_fast_speed
        $ie.goto("http://content.nejm.org/";)
         $ie.link(:text, "Sign in").click
         $ie.text_field(:name, "username").set("arihansinha")
        $ie.text_field(:name, "code").set("hello123")
        $ie.button(:name, "signin").click
        $ie.link(:text, "PAST ISSUES").click

        $ie.link(:text, "2008").click
        $ie.link(:text, "Jan 3, Vol. 358, No. 1, 1 - 100").click

        $ie.link(:text, "Full Text").click
        $ie.link(:text, "PowerPoint Slide Set").click

    end

if you need to run this again and again then manually click the *sign out *link
and then *yes sign me out of the nejm button*.

Thanks

Arihan