Is there a Download Complete prompt/popup?  If so, you could wrap this
section of solution #2, and it will give you an approx. download
time.

Otherwise, you might be able to use the File class (e.g. see if the
downloaded file exists?  is the size 220MB?).

###
begin_time=Time.now
    ai.ControlSend("Save As", "", "Edit1",filepath)
    ai.ControlClick("Save As", "", "&Save", "left")
    ai.WinWait("Download complete", "", 5)
    ai.ControlClick("Download complete", "", "Close")
end_time=Time.now
download_time = time_start - time_end
###

Hope it helps.