Hello,

In the past I have attempted to save some typing by extinding the IE
class so that I could create methods specific to my AUT, e.g.:

require 'watir'
include Watir

        class Salesforce < IE
                def start
                    self.goto("http://test.salesforce.com";)
                end

                def login(username, password)
                        self.text_field(:name, "username").set(username)
                        self.text_field(:name, "password").set(password)
                        self.button(:id, "Login").click

This always worked just fine for me, but now I am trying to do the
same exact thing with the Firefox class,
but when it executes the line "self.text_field(:name,
"username").set(username)", (called from a test script that is using a
"Salesforce" object as the browser) I get a runtime error:

1) Error:
test_start(TestLogin):
NoMethodError: undefined method `element_name' for #<Salesforce:
0xb7209da8>
    /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/firewatir-1.6.5/lib/firewatir/element.rb:
276:in `locate_tagged_element'
    /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/firewatir-1.6.5/lib/firewatir/elements/
input_element.rb:22:in `locate'
    /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/firewatir-1.6.5/lib/firewatir/element.rb:
964:in `exists?'
    /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/firewatir-1.6.5/lib/firewatir/element.rb:
905:in `assert_exists'
    /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/firewatir-1.6.5/lib/firewatir/elements/
text_field.rb:149:in `set'
    test_login.rb:17:in `test_start'

"self.goto" works fine but once I access those text fields it throws
an error.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not possible to extend the
Firefox class is this way?

Thanks,
Brian