Hmm...

When I responded the first time, I tried the -b switch with my
Test::Unit framework and it worked on my Windows machine.  I don't
have a Mac, so I can't try there.  I found this post where Bret
describes running it as an 'untouched argument', but I don't really
know what that means:

ruby my_watir_framework.rb -- -b

Some people here have done some load testing using Watir, but I don't
know how many sessions you could use.  I imagine it would depend on
your system and environment.  I'd say give it a shot and see how many
you can push.  The group would probably be interested in your results.

-Tiffany