Thank you for posting in the link.I checked it before and I tried one
of the solutions and it works fine if there is a button in the form
that triggers the javascript validation function.

However, in my web form, whenever i enter some data in the text_field,
the onchange event gets called, this triggers the alert box.I cannot
use click_no_wait as it is not a button that I am clicking.
I am actually setting some value to a test_field like this:

$ie.text_field(:id, @ssid).set(ssid)

Whenever, this statement gets executed, the ssid text_field gets
filled with the value that is stored in ssid string and immediately
the onchange event gets triggered like this:

<INPUT class="longbox" id="WlanEssid" maxLength="32"
onchange="IsSsidValid( this )" name="WlanEssid" value="MedNet.WPAPSK" /

the javascript function IsSsidValid(this) actually does the validation
of the ssid text_field and displays an alert box with a corresponding
error message if there is an invalid entry.

I want to actually get handle of this alert box and access the text in
it to cross check it.So is there a way that I can access the text of
that javacript pop-up?