> The closest thing I've come across is when a page isn't finished
> that's your problem though.

You're right, that's not it. It's completely loaded and will just sit
there patiently waiting until I click on it with the mouse. Then the
automated script action starts again.

> Have you tried using AutoIt send_keys to send a tab to put the focus
> on an element?
>
> $ie.send_keys("{TAB}")

It didn't help. Since programming isn't my knack, I wanted to check if
there was something that WATIR/Ruby could do to handle it.
I can get the developers to put a default start point/focus into the
app.  It won't be the first time I pester them with my
agenda.    ...*THIS* I have a knack for.   :o)

Thanks Tiffany!

Kim