For a project at work I need the ability to submit transactions using
soap calls. I tried searching the group and the only posts I could
find were for soap4r. From what I've read soap4r does not work well
and I found a gem called savon. Supposedly it's easier and more
lightweight than soap4r but I can't find any basic examples of simply
submitting a soap request. All the examples I do find are more
complicated than this where the writers are trying to do something
quite more involved.

Can anyone here show me a simple request of submitting a soap request
using savon?

We are using basic auth no ssl and my soap envelope has no header.

Here is the call I am making

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
envelope/" xmlns:ser="http://service.webservice.com/";>
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <ser:getAvailableInstallDates>
         <!--Optional:-->
         <fromDate>2010-08-13</fromDate>
         <!--Optional:-->
         <toDate>2010-08-23</toDate>
         <!--Optional:-->
         <serviceAddress>
            <!--Optional:-->
            <address1>?</address1>
            <!--Optional:-->
            <address2>?</address2>
            <!--Optional:-->
            <city>?</city>
            <!--Optional:-->
            <county>?</county>
            <!--Optional:-->
            <state>CA</state>
            <!--Optional:-->
            <zip>93230</zip>
            <!--Optional:-->
            <zipFour></zipFour>
         </serviceAddress>
         <!--Optional:-->
         <salesChannel>DIRECT</salesChannel>
      </ser:getAvailableInstallDates>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

All I want to do is submit this to an endpoint and capture the
response. If someone could show me a simple example I would greatly
appreciate it.