Makes complete sense.

Normal HTML select list controls don't support a 'double-click'
function (nothing on the web normally does doubleclicks).  Ergo the
functionality you are seeing must be implemented with javascript,
which is activated when it "see's" the doubleclick event occur within
the context of that element on the page.