I can say that it isn't an error, perhaps this warning messages tell that
not every gems functionality supported on Windows 7. I have same
notifications while setting up watir on Windows7, how ever, after
installations, watir works normally.
You can additionally use DevKit before any gem installation, see this
link<https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Development-Kit>.
You can get latest DevKit from here <http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads>.

Best regards,
Sergii