I am an experienced PHP programmer but new to Ruby and Watir. I am
happy with what I have been able to do so far with controling a web
page loaded in Firefox.  Now I need to activate controls in the
browser itself, not in the web page.  Does Watir do this?

For example, I want to close a modal dialog that pops up after all
Ajax transactions are complete. For a human, the easiest way would be
to hit the space bar - the dialog has only one button labeled "OK".
Seems like I should be able to do this, but I cannot find any
information about this kind of control.  Thanks.