It's not an hackish solution and Watir::Waiter is indeed deprecated.
The Wait and ElementExtensions are in commonwatir since that code is
common between Watir and FireWatir.

Those two modules give you better methods and control for waiting.

Jarmo Pertman
-----
IT does really matter - http://www.itreallymatters.net