On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 2:01 PM, maga <chat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, how can I specify a path to save the archive and how to manage
> saving flow(something like autoit for windows)?

First of all, if no JavaScript support is required, you should be able
to download the file with a HTTP library (like Net::HTTP in stdlib) -
you don't need watir-webdriver for this at all.

Otherwise, this isn't currently possible with the HtmlUnit driver +
the remote server. You can do it with a local Firefox like so:

  profile = Selenium::WebDriver::Firefox::Profile.new
  profile['browser.download.dir'] = "/path/to/downloads"
  profile['browser.download.folderList'] = 2
  profile['browser.helperApps.neverAsk.saveToDisk'] = "application/zip"

  browser = Watir::Browser.new(:firefox, :profile => profile)

or with a remote Firefox:

  profile = Selenium::WebDriver::Firefox::Profile.new
  profile['browser.download.dir'] = "/path/to/downloads" # refers to a
path on the machine where the selenium server is running
  profile['browser.download.folderList'] = 2
  profile['browser.helperApps.neverAsk.saveToDisk'] = "application/zip"

  capabilities =
Selenium::WebDriver::Remote::Capabilities.firefox(:firefox_profile =>
profile)
  browser = Watir::Browser.new(:remote, :desired_capabilities => capabilities)

That's your options at the moment.