Thanks again for everyone's response but what I'm doing is sufficient
for my needs.  I was curious to see how (or if) anyone else was doing
this differently.  My needs are to be able to switch between Watir
versions easily. Example: I test one of my scripts on v1.7.0 and it
fails. I switch back to v1.6.2 and run it to see if it's still OK or
if something else is going on.  I don't want to change my scripts
(unless it is explicitly required  - i.e. different watir wait method,
etc.).

Generally, this is how I set it up.

Install ruby
git init (in c:\ruby)
git add
git commit
git checkout -b v1.6.2
gem install watir -v1.6.2
git add
git commit
git checkout master
git checkout -b v1.6.7
gem install watir -v1.6.7
git add
git commit

run test.rb

Now - If test.rb fails on v1.6.7,  I can go back
and verify that it still runs on v1.6.2 with:

git checkout v1.6.2

run test.rb

Maybe this methodology can help someone else.

This is only a temporary requirement until I get all of the scripts
checked out on the latest stable (for my scripts) version of Watir.

--Darryl