I am randomly getting errors when attempting to run watir via cucumber
on our continuous integration server (windows server 2003). In
addition, because of these failures instances of iexplore.exe are
never getting closed properly and stay hanging around on the build
server. Here is the most common error I am receiving:

WIN32OLERuntimeError: navigate
    OLE error code:800700AA in <Unknown>
      <No Description>
    HRESULT error code:0x80020009
      Exception occurred.

Stack trace:
./features/step_definitions/my_feature.rb:11:in `/^I am on the login
page$/'

And the related step definition code:

Given /^I am on the login page$/ do
  @browser.goto(HOME_URL + "/login")
end

This is the error that seems to be happening the most. There were
other errors but those are related to my specific usage of watir.

Has anyone run into this error before? I see posts from a couple of
years ago with no real solution or best way to handle this. Any
guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Sean