From what I remember (I did some QTP a couple of years back)...
HP QTP is visual basic based. I don't believe it would understand Watir directly and as far as I'm aware there is no plug-in that would support it. You might be able to call your existing scripts from QTP but I think that's the best you could do.

HP Quality Center basicaly manages requirement/test/defect information. I believe there is an existing API set that would allow you to write/update info in Quality Center as it relates to your tests (pass/fail/etc.) using an existing (non-QTP) automation infrastructure. I don't think you'd be able to run non-QTP scripts directly through Quality Center, however. You'd probably have to use some kind of Visual Basic wrapper to do that.