I spoke too soon, earlier.  It's not only B that it does not click. It also
fails to click on E, G, I, J, and K, so far.  But the script flashes all
these links without a problem.

I can't see any significant differences in the formatting of the HTML for
the links that work versus the links that don't. Here's the HTML, with the
encoded HREF strings shortened for ease of readibility:

Letter A (click works fine):
encoded text...>" id="ExternalLink_0">A</a>

Letter B (click fails, flash works):
encoded text...>" id="ExternalLink_1">B</a>