On Jul 24, 2:53 pm, Jarmo <jarm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good news everyone!
>
> I've found some time to play with Watir and managed to release a new version
> - 2.0.0.rc2 (rc1 had buggy dependency, sorry)!
>
> There are some big changes including 0-based-indexing, which is enabled by
> default and not releasing new versions of FireWatir.
> Also, all collection factory methods accept now (multiple)
> specifiers/locators. A lot of these changes are compatible with
> Watir-WebDriver (see the list of incompatibilities compared with previous
> versions
> athttps://github.com/jarib/watir-webdriver/wiki/Comparison-with-Watir-1.X).
>  <details snipped>
> Cheers!
>
> Jarmo Pertman

This is cool stuff.

I presume the dropping of FireWatir is due to issues with a lack of
JSSH extensions for current versions?  We might want to say something
specific in that regard in the release notes, and direct Firefox users
to Watir-Webdriver.  (otherwise people new to the party may be
confused and think we've all been co-opted by MS, force-fed 'IE-
Koolaid' or something similar.  After all, if you don't know the 'why'
dropping firewatir seems on the surface of it, kinda insane.

One request for anyone working on updating the docs such as the
supported elements table (http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/HTML
+Elements+Supported+by+Watir), it might make sense at this point to
'archive' the existing watir 1.x page as is with a v1 tacked onto the
end of the URL.  Place headers on both pages indicating the 'as of'
version for the docs, and a link to the old/new version
respectively.   That would make it easier for anyone hanging back to
find appropriate docs.

If someone who knows the wiki stuff better than I can create the
'archive' page, I might be able to find time this week to take a hack
at updating that doc (which is one I always find highly useful) for
the v2 version. (since I have a bit more free time at the moment due
to being between employers)