I've a script which is fine running with IE6 in Ruby 1.8.6/Watir
1.5.6.
When I tried to run it with IE8 I have trouble to access the 2nd row
of a table. I found following discussion:
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general/browse_thread/thread/d751ee75a7fbe77b

Then I installed a later version of Ruby 1.9.2p180 and Watir:
C:\hms_auto_test\HMS\run\local\v-test-03>gem list

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

builder (3.0.0)
commonwatir (1.9.2)
ffi (1.0.9 x86-mingw32)
firewatir (1.9.3, 1.9.2)
hoe (2.10.0)
minitest (1.6.0)
net-ssh (2.1.4)
nokogiri (1.5.0 x86-mingw32)
rake (0.8.7)
rautomation (0.6.3)
rdoc (2.5.8)
rubygems-update (1.8.6)
s4t-utils (1.0.4)
test-unit (2.3.0)
user-choices (1.1.6.1)
watir (1.9.2)
win32-api (1.4.8 x86-mingw32)
win32-process (0.6.5)
windows-api (0.4.0)
windows-pr (1.2.0)
xml-simple (1.1.0)

Nothing changed :-(
Watir::Exception::UnknownCellException: Unable to locate a cell at
index 1
    C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/watir-1.9.2/lib/watir/table.rb:
300:in `[]'

When I displayed the contents of the table with:
    userTable.each do |row|
      puts row
      row.each do |cell|
        puts cell.text()

it shows:
type:
id:
name:
value:
disabled:     false
User ID
Group ID
Password
Password Confirm
Enabled

type:
id:
name:
value:
disabled:     false

The 2nd  row is empty although row_count() shows a 2.
As soon as I try to access the cell[2][1] the script will fail.

Again, the script is working perfectly with IE6. It failed with IE8 in
the two above Ruby versions I tried.

Did anyone have this issue before and know a work around?

Thanks
Phuoc