Look into Ruby's Begin/rescue/ensure/end

Just Google   'ruby begin rescue ensure'  for details

In a nutshell its format is...

begin
   # Code you want to trap errors on goes here
   # such as your assert statement
rescue
    # code to deal with errors goes here
    # such as calling your screen capture method
    # code here is only executed if code in the begins section fails
ensure
   # code that is executed after the code in the begin passes or fails
   #  also runs if the code in the rescue was executed (if neccessary)
end

Hope that helps,
Joe