I would post this on a Ruby forum, on on Stack Overflow with a Ruby
tag.

What you are asking is pretty basic stuff in terms of defining classes
and methods in ruby.  You should be able to find the answers you need
by reading any number of good books on basic ruby programming.  For
testers who will be using ruby mostly as a scripting tool I recommend
the book "Everyday Scripting with Ruby" by Brian Marick.

Likely you will need two methods if you want to call each on on it's
own, not a single method.