No worries for the hijack..

I was responding to "I guess I'm wondering if you can
install Ruby and the watir-webdriver gems on an Ipad. "

which I didn't take to mean using an emulator.  (although I agree for
testing purposes, the emulator approach is most likely best. )

It would be interesting to figure out why the iphonedriver doesn't
work with watir-webdriver once it gets to the webpage.  (what webpage
is it going to?)