Thanks for your reply.

If I open multiple IE windows manually, they will share the same
cookie. This is the case also for Firefox. However, if I use watir-
webdriver, the multiple Firefox windows opened by watir-webdriver do
not share the cookie. This is why I am confused. I didn't try IE in
watir-webdriver because it gives me errors when clicking a button.

Also, people talk about the difference of Watir::IE.new and
Watir::IE.start or start_process. These functions are for Watir, not
Watir-webdriver. From my understanding, start_process() should open
different sessions.

So I am wondering if other people could open IE windows in a way as
watir-webdriver for Firefox.

Barry