We have functionality that allows the user to search on a description for a
product.

I'm grabbing the product description from a database like so:
Company® Some Product
.
It's searching for the product correctly and returning the expected
results: item id, product description. I want to assert that the product
description has been returned, and it's failing with the  error of:

       expected "103481 Company\u00AE Some Productt\r\n\r\n\r\n1
items found." to include "Company®  Some Product"

The issue i'm trying to overcome is that the program coverts ® into the
® in the text that watir is asserting on, which is why it's failing.

I was thinking of substituting the '®' into something that watir/ruby
reads but subsituting '\u00AE' or '®' is producing errors. It hasn't
happened yet, but i will probably run across similar issues with by
trademark and copyright symbols as well.

thanks.