Thank you for your response.
And I'm sorry for my poor description.

my code is follows:

1)          $HIDE_IE = true
2)         @ie = Watir::IE.new
3)         @ie.button(:name, 'button1').click

where @ie.button(:name, 'button1') has an attribute of onclick whose value is
for submit a form.
Additionally the form tag has an attribute of target whose value is '_blank'
and an attribute of action whose value is next_url(this is some url).
So, after step 3), new window is popped up.

next,
4)         @ie2 = Watir::IE.attach(:url, next_url)

my problem is thet
new windows popped up is shown in spite of $HIDE_IE = true.

But I found one answer executing a javascript before button is clicked.
The javascript replaces the value of the attribute of target in the
form tag from '_blank' to '_top'.
Ruby code is follows:
   ie.execute_script(%{
          (function() {
            var forms = document.forms;
            for (var i = 0; i < forms.length; i++) {
              forms[i].setAttribute('target', '_top');
            }
          })();
        })

It wokrs fine.
But please tell me other solution if you have cool one.

Thank you in advance.

--
若山 剛
gowa...@gmail.com