There is not a single line of code in what you provided below that is using
Watir.

Watir is Web Application Testing in Ruby, it is for driving web browsers
and automating web applications.

"I have outlook open"   Outlook is a native application, not a web
application.  YOU CANNOT DRIVE OUTLOOK WITH WATIR
There is 'OWA or Outlook Web Access' but I can tell you are not using it
because of this line of ruby code "WIN32OLE.new('Outlook.Application')"

You need to ask questions of this sort in a more general forum for ruby, or
perhaps on stackoverflow with appropriate tags (such as 'ruby' and 'mapi' )

If you were using watir, and a web application we'd be glad to help you.
but you are not using watir, nor are you using a web application, so this
is not the place to ask for help with the problems you are having

I'd suggest doing some Ruby tutorials, or perhaps getting a good book on
basic ruby scripting such as 'everyday scripting in ruby'  you can get it
as an ebook and be working on it minutes after you buy it.