The site is written in ASP.NET, so it's a bit out of my knowledge to be
honest BUT I did find a work around that somehow doesnt blow up

@browser.select_list(:id =>
"ctl00_cphWizard_Content_QuestionField0_QuestionDropDownList").when_present(60).select(/#{value}/)

rescue nil

The value is still set AND it doesnt blow up. I am sorry I couldnt get an
exact error in case it needs to be patched, but at least there is a work
around for anyone who needs it.

Thanks guys for all the help!