On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:52:15 AM UTC-7, Željko Filipin wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Sohail Mirza <mrz...@gmail.com<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
>> Are you talking about the following home page?
>> http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Example+Logging
>>

> I am not talking about anything. I have asked what _you_ are talking
> about. :)
>
> The page that you have linked to was last updated in 2008. Do the math
> yourself. My guess is that any information there is out of date.
>
> Željko

It might be old, but having a quick look at it, there didn't seem to be
anything there that was too outlandish, and most of it was pretty basic
ruby.   While I doubt it would work out of the box, anyone with a bit of
experience writing and debugging ruby code ought to be able to adapt it to
work with the current generation of Watir-Classic or Watir-Webdriver..

That said, if you are using some kind of framework to wrap around your
tests, (e.g. lots of us use cucumber) then there is usually an existing
capability for logging and reporting on test process, and you can just use
that if you feel the need to log additional info.  No need to re-invent the
wheel.   But if you don't like any of the frameworks out there and you are
going to write stuff from scratch, that 5 year old example probably makes
as good a starting place as anything.