On Monday, March 25, 2013 5:26:32 AM UTC-7, j-f...@sbcglobal.net wrote:

> Akiaa,
>
> Here is a good starting point.
> https://github.com/watir/watir/blob/master/README.md
>
> Regards,
>
> Joseph Fleck
>
> If your actions inspire others to dream more,
> learn more, do more and become more,
> you are a leader.
> John Quincy Adams
>
> If you are just doing a simple proof of concept, and leaning to do some
basic watir scripting, then you can just create your scripts as an RB file
and execute them.

But once you get past the point of the basics, you will really want some
kind of framework within which to run your tests. This can make it easier
to run groups of tests, or a specific test, and also deal with issues like
reporting results, and making it easier to automate the running of the test
automation

 There are a number of good choices, but offhand I'd say two of the more
popular ones are rspec and cucumber.  There are good books on both
frameworks from Pragmatic Programmers, but neither specifically addresses
using the frameworks with watir.. (still, I'd recommend reading the one
that is applicable if you choose one of those as a framework)

There was a good training session held last year at the Test Automation
Bazaar on using Cucumber, Watir, and the Page-Objects gem, you can find a
recording of it via this page.
 https://github.com/watir/watir-bazaar/wiki/Test-Automation-Workshop-2012
 apologies for the quality of the recording, you can blame that on me.

Other good starting resources are:
 1)  the Watir-Book  See the readme on this
page https://github.com/watir/watirbook for more info
 2) Jeff "Cheesy" Morgan's Cucumber and Cheese
book https://leanpub.com/cucumber_and_cheese