We've already had this conversation on github. The consistency of the API is
much more important than this minor performance difference. Now all locators
will be treated exactly the same. It should be possible to implement
visible_text with the selenium locator, but a cursory look it was harder than I
wanted to invest time into. You are welcome to PR a fix.