On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 9:56:46 AM UTC-8, rajagopalan madasami
wrote:

> I am using watir over selenium for two reasons, one reason is waiting
> timings are maintained by local language binding but selenium is
> maintaining timing from driver level , since selenium uses the timing from
> driver level it differs from Firefox to Chrome, but since WATIR is
> maintaining timing from local language binding it doesn't matter whether I
> use Chrome or Firefox. Another reason is stale element problem, WATIR
> relocates the element when element  goes to stale other than that I don't
> use any other features of WATIR because everything else is time consuming
> like xpah formation. So if you simply allow element () to access selenium
> locators directly it would be useful for me rather than unnecessary
> deprecating what word extraordinary.
>

>>  When you say *xpath formation*, are you referring to figuring out xpath
to use for selecting elements, or something internal to the code?

I'm a bit surprised if the first as I almost never use xpath, in fact I
avoid it, when selecting elements,  I'm nearly always using something like
ID, or Name, or Data-something, or Class , or increasingly of late CSS
selectors (whatever allows me to uniquely locate the element(s) I need).
For me the main objective is clear readable code which is as non-brittle as
possible.   So for something like the makemytrip site I'd be selecting
things such as

browser.text_field(id: "hp-widget__sTo")