On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Bill Spitzak <spit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> . . . It also means we can have clients that know they are useful when
> partially buried and not raise on some clicks, which would be an AMAZING
> improvement of usabilty we have been lacking for 25 years now ever since
> Windows broke this and X copied it.

It's a point of pedantry, I suppose, but X is not broken with regard
to raising windows and assigning focus, only all of the popular window
managers and clients are. I wrote a rather long email to this list
about it, but decided not to send it because I gauged the interest too
low for the length of it. If anyone wants it, just email me directly
or wait until I've finished the code to demonstrate.